This was last updated on May 1, 2020
Under the CCPA, “personal information” means information that identifies, relates to, describes, references, is reasonably capable of being associated with, or could reasonably be linked, directly or indirectly, with a particular consumer, or household. Please note that “personal information” does not include consumer information that is deidentified, aggregate consumer information, or publicly available information.
This Privacy Notice explains how we collect, use, and share your personal information. It also describes your privacy rights and our obligations under the CCPA regarding your personal information. However, please note that your privacy rights and our obligations described herein do not apply to certain personal information. For example, your privacy rights and our obligations noted in this Privacy Notice do not apply to personal information collected, processed, sold, or disclosed pursuant to the federal Gramm-Leach-Bliley Act (“GLBA”) and its implementing regulations. Please see Thrive Mortgage’s U.S. Consumer Privacy Notice to find out how we collect, share, and protect information covered under GLBA.
Collection and Sources of Personal Information
We identify below the categories of personal information that we have collected from consumers in the past 12 months.
We will not collect additional categories of personal information without providing you notice.
The categories of sources from whom we collected the categories of personal information listed above in the past 12 months are:
- Directly from consumers (e.g., information that consumers provide to us on forms/documents, over the phone, in person, or on our website)
- Indirectly from consumers (e.g., information that we collect in order to provide services to consumers or when consumers interact with our website)
- Third parties that are authorized to provide or release information about consumers (e.g., current or past employers, financial institutions, landlords, consumer reporting agencies, or service providers)
- Government entities
Use of Personal Information
In the past 12 months, we have used the categories of personal information listed above for the following business purposes:
- Fulfilling the request or satisfying the reason for which you provided the information
- Performing services, including offering, processing, underwriting, making, or servicing residential mortgage loans
- Developing and carrying out marketing activities
- Providing customer support and managing our relationship with you
- Creating, maintaining, and securing your loan account
- Auditing or quality control
- Complying with applicable law, agency requirements or investor requirements
- Responding to requests from law enforcement and regulators
We will not use the personal information that we collected for materially different, unrelated, or incompatible purposes without providing you notice.
Disclosure of Personal Information
In the past 12 months, we have disclosed the following categories of personal information for a business purpose:
- Personal information categories described in the California Customer Records statute
- Protected classification characteristics under California or federal law
- Commercial information
- Professional or employment-related information
- Non-public education information
- Inferences drawn from personal information
We disclosed the above noted categories of personal information for a business purpose to the following categories of third parties:
- Service providers, vendors, or third parties that provide mortgage, real property, or credit or financial-related services (e.g., appraisers, closing agents, title agents, PMI companies, or consumer reporting agencies)
- Personal information categories described in the California Customer Records statute
- Service providers, vendors, or third parties that provide services related to compliance, website hosting, information technology, data security, or support services
- Government agencies
Sale of Personal Information
We do not sell, and have not sold in the past 12 months, personal information (including personal information of minors under the age of 16) to third parties.
Your Rights Under the CCPA
The CCPA provides consumers with specific rights regarding their personal information. These rights are described below.
Right to Know
You have the right to request, no more than twice in a 12-month period, that we disclose the following information covering the 12 months preceding your request:
- The specific pieces of personal information about you that we collected;
- The categories of personal information about you that we collected;
- The categories of sources from which your personal information was collected;
- The categories of personal information about you that we sold or disclosed for a business purpose;
- The categories of third parties with whom your personal information was sold or disclosed for a business or commercial purpose; and
- The business or commercial purpose for collecting or selling your personal information.
Right to Delete
You have the right to request that Thrive Mortgage and our service providers delete personal information about you that we have collected which is not subject to certain exceptions specified in the CCPA.
Right to Opt Out
If we sold personal information, you would have the right to request that Thrive Mortgage not sell your personal information to third parties. However, as noted above, we do not sell personal information.
Right to Nondiscrimination
You have the right to not be discriminated against for exercising any of your rights under the CCPA. Unless permitted by the CCPA, we will not:
- Deny you goods or services
- Charge you different prices or rates for goods or services, including through granting discounts or other benefits, or imposing penalties
- Provide you a different level or quality of goods or services
- Suggest that you will receive a different price or rate for goods or services or a different level or quality of goods or services
Exercising Your Right to Know and Right to Delete
To request that we disclose or delete your personal information, please submit a verifiable consumer request using one of the following methods:
- Calling us at 877-232-4411
- Completing our online form: https://www.thrivemortgage.com/contact/
- Mailing us at: 4819 Williams Dr., Georgetown, TX 78633
A verifiable consumer request must:
- Provide sufficient information that allows us to reasonably verify that you are the person about whom we collected personal information or an authorized representative. This may include requesting that you provide us with at least two or more pieces of personal information to match against personal information about you that we maintain and which we have determined to be reliable for the purpose of verification (e.g., we may request that you provide your email address and validate the last 4 digits of your Social Security number).
- Describe your request with sufficient detail that allows us to properly understand, evaluate, and respond to it.
We cannot respond to your request or provide you with personal information if we cannot verify your identity or authority to make the request and confirm the personal information relates to you. Making a verifiable consumer request does not require you to create an account with us. We will only use personal information provided in a verifiable consumer request to verify the requestor’s identity or authority to make the request.
Only you, or a person you have designated in writing as your authorized agent, or whom is registered with the California Secretary of State to act on your behalf, or whom you have provided power of attorney pursuant to California Probate Code sections 4000 to 4465, may make a verifiable consume request related to your personal information. You may also make a verifiable consumer request on behalf of your minor child.
If you wish to have an authorized agent make a verifiable consumer requests on your behalf, they will need to provide us with sufficient written proof that you have designated them as your authorized agent and we will still require you to provide sufficient information to allow us to reasonably verify that you are the person about whom we collected personal information.
Upon receiving a consumer request, we will confirm receipt of the request within 10 business days and provide information on how we will process the request. We will work to process all verified requests within 45 calendar days. If we need an extension for up to an additional 45 calendar days in order to process your request, we will provide you with an explanation for the delay. Any disclosures we provide will only cover the 12-month period preceding the receipt of a verifiable request. We will advise you in our response if we are not able to honor your request.
Please note that we will not disclose Social Security numbers, driver’s license numbers or government issued identification numbers, financial account numbers, health care or medical identification numbers, account passwords, security questions and answers, answers, or unique biometric data generated from measurements or technical analysis of human characteristics, as applicable. However, in a response to a request to know we will inform you with sufficient particularly if we have collected this type of information.
Changes to This Privacy Notice
We may update this Privacy Notice from time to time. If we update this document, we will post the updated Privacy Notice on Thrive Mortgage’s website and revise the “Last Updated” date. Your continued use of our website and/or services following the posting of changes constitutes your acceptance of such changes.
If you have a disability and would like to access this Privacy Notice in another format, or if you have any questions or concerns about this Privacy Notice, the ways in which we collect and use your personal information, or your choices and rights regarding such use, please contact us by sending an email to email@example.com or use the Contact Us web form.
Please click here to download a printable copy of this Privacy Notice