"Alone we dream. Together we THRIVE!"
“Alone we dream. Together we THRIVE!”
THRIVE Mortgage is actively seeking a Remote Construction Loan Processor.
Thrive Mortgage is currently looking for experienced Senior Loan Processors that will bring depth and value to our Construction Division. Thrive Mortgage is growing and expanding in our construction division and want to ensure that we continue to provide superior loan processing to our team of construction specialist loan originators as well as referring branches. This role will be responsible for managing loans from multiple Loan Originators in a timely and efficient manner. Quality, efficiency, superior customer service and professionalism are ALL essential to be successful as a Loan Processor with Thrive Mortgage.
The core responsibilities of the position include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Knowledge and understanding of Fannie Mae / Freddie Mac, FHA, and VA. Will be using seller guides and government handbooks to answer loan scenario questions to be preventative with any unforeseen qualification issues.
- Knowledge and understanding of construction lending guidelines as well as when to use acquisition vs overall value for LTV qualifying purposes.
- Ability to research loan scenarios to help determine qualification and even loan placement with an investor.
- Ability to validate AUS findings with documentation to ensure eligibility.
- Review credit for loan program qualification, calculate qualifying income and review assets to determine if the loan applicant(s) meet agency and investor guidelines.
- Perform basic loan processing tasks which include ordering VOE’s, Tax Transcripts, Title, Appraisals, Credit supplements, etc.
- Make calls to originators, assistants, borrower(s), builders, and underwriters to ensure the progression of the loan file and good communication regarding expectations.
- Thorough knowledge of PMI and UFMIP fees.
- Must have a high comfort level working in a paperless environment. Loan processing is 100% paperless and will need proficient in working in this type of environment.
- Manage and prioritize RUSH files, resubmissions, and newly submitted loans. Must be able to recognize when gears need to be shifted based on needs.
- Review and evaluate loan files for risk issues and potential misrepresentation.
- Ability to adapt and learn requirements of how construction loans are structured.
- Work directly with builders and third parties collecting required documentation needed for construction loans as well as the permanent loan transaction included in the two-time close product.
- Assist and manage construction closings taking place.
- Encompass experience preferred. Must have the ability to adapt well to the technology and tools that Encompass has to offer.
- Ability to interact well and assist others as needed. Customer Service skills are essential for this position with the borrower, originator, referral partners, title services, etc.
- Self-motivated, driven and persistent to achieve a desired result.
- Superior organizational skills as there will be multiple tasks, loans, and many different individuals during the manufacturing process.
- Commitment to quality work to ensure efficiency and productivity.
- Availability to work extended hours as the business dictates.
- Provide thoroughness and show attention to detail. Strong ability to crosscheck material for completeness and accuracy.
- Experience working with properties that are new construction.
- Understand what builder documents are required at time of the construction closing transaction as well as the perm take out loan closing transaction.
Educational and Experience Criteria
- High School Diploma.
- 5+ years’ experience in Loan Processing.
- Construction experience a plus.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite.
Critical aspects have been described under the headings above. These aspects are subject to change at any time due to a reasonable accommodation or other reasons.
- In office or remote based on specific needs being filled.
- High speed internet access.
- Hourly/non-exempt position.
To apply for this job email your details to recruiting@ThriveMortgage.com