"Alone we dream. Together we THRIVE!"
“Alone we dream. Together we THRIVE!”
THRIVE Mortgage is actively seeking a Remote Quality Control Analyst
The Quality Control Analyst is responsible for ensuring that the loan has been underwritten and legal documents drawn in compliance with Agency and regulatory guidelines as well as compliance with fair lending laws. The position requires attention to detail, time management skills, and superior customer service skills including both verbal and written communication.
- Minimum 50 full loan reviews per month which could include Post-Close, Discretionary, Pre-Fund, Adverse, EPD, Third Party Origination, and/or Servicing.
- Request reverification documents as applicable
- Audit results for accuracy of risk rating and the proper area of responsibility
- Assist in Action Planning process
- Responses from Operations must be reviewed and responded to daily.
- Quality is an extremely important aspect of QC and has a requirement of less than a 10% void rating.
- Evaluates loans for requirements, accuracy, consistency and completeness.
- Review new loan files to ensure loan meets investor and program criteria.
- Review credit report and compare to liabilities on 1003. Verify the investor guidelines for outstanding derogatory items and requirement payment or satisfaction if needed. Request updated mortgage history if needed.
- Confirm income is correctly calculated and documented per Agency.
- Validate assets utilized match supporting documentation and are an eligible source. Ensure assets are documented appropriately per AUS or Agency.
- Review collateral documentation for accuracy, completeness, and eligibility which includes but is not limited to title, insurance, purchase agreement, appraisal, flood certificate and survey.
- Review initial and final disclosures for compliance, regulatory, state compliance and federal requirements.
- Verify that the overall loan terms and product meets Agency requirements.
- Maintain current and fluid knowledge of investor and agency guidelines.
- Communicates effectively and engages proactively with Operations.
- Review and evaluate loan files for risk issues and potential misrepresentation.
- Must have a high comfort level working in a paperless environment.
- Ability to work in a fast paced, fluid environment and be held to minimum production standards as well as deadlines.
- Analytical, with an ability to identify and resolve problems.
- High integrity and outstanding work ethic required.
- Must have proficient written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to interact well and assist others as needed. Customer Service skills are essential for this position. This position involves both independent and teamwork environments, so a successful candidate should be able to easily transition between each.
- Perform other duties as assigned by the Quality Control Manager or Team Lead.
EDUCATIONAL AND EXPERIENCE CRITERIA:
- 2+ years of recent mortgage underwriting or quality control experience with strong agency guideline knowledge
- Knowledge of FNMA, FHLMC, VA and FHA mortgage loan underwriting guidelines.
- Extensive knowledge of DU, LP and manually underwritten loans
- Must receive a passing score on the Thrive Underwriting test.
- Encompass LOS and ACES QC Software experience preferred by not required
- Willingness and ability to learn unique products/overlays to support the diverse product offering of Thrive Mortgage.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite.
- Full time remote/work from home position. Candidate must have home office or dedicated environment where they can work without interruption.
- Availability to work extended hours as the business dictates.
- Salary/exempt position.
To apply for this job email your details to recruiting@ThriveMortgage.com