Website Thrive Mortgage
“Alone we dream. Together we THRIVE!”
THRIVE Mortgage is actively seeking a Jr. Underwriter.
This Jr. Underwriter position will be a dual role within Underwriting. First, with focus on supporting the Help Desk and second, developing advanced Underwriting skills to become a producing JUW. This is a very important role for Thrive as we are looking to provide more robust underwriting support to both sales and non-sales. This support will by phone, email and a future ticketing system. The JUW will rely on a variety of resources to help support the questions that come into the help desk included but not limited to agency seller guides, Rule Tool, Optimal Blue, Underwriting Management and more. It will be this person’s responsibility to help support all the questions/tickets that are appropriately routed to the UW Help Desk.
Core Responsibilities – UW Help Desk
- Responsible for responding effectively to all questions that are routed to the UW Help Desk. Ensure all tickets are complete timely, acknowledge within 2 hours or less.
- Provide superior communication and support to both sales and non-sales to UW related questions. Including but not limited to general underwriting guidelines, loan products, where can I take a loan questions, income calculation, etc.
- Identify level two type questions that would be escalated to Underwriting Management that supports the branch and ensure a timely and effective response is given.
- Help identify trends that training would help provide better education and support in regard to the trending topic. Work directly with the Training department to communicate these needs.
Core Responsibilities –
- Evaluates loan applications for risks and various criteria such as agency requirements, accuracy, consistency and completeness.
- Review new loan files to ensure loan meets agency and program criteria.
- There will not be a minimum UW standard initially until it is determined through reporting how much time is spent supporting the help desk.
- Initial underwrites must be completed within 72 hours and resubmission within 48 hours.
- Review transmittal and 1003 to make sure it is accurate and complete, compare to findings to verify that all information matches.
- Review credit report and compare to liabilities on 1003. Verify the agency guidelines for outstanding derogatory items and requirement payment or satisfaction if needed. Request updated mortgage history if needed.
- Calculate income using documentation required per agency.
- Review assets statements to compare to required assets. Require documentation and source for any recent large deposits.
- Review title to verify our borrower has ownership on a refinance transaction and that the seller has ownership for purchase transaction. Check that chain of title meets investor requirements. Verify there are no unpaid liens or judgements and that all mortgage liens being paid off through the transaction. Compare tax figures to 1003.
- Review appraisal to ensure the value is supported and that the appraiser has provided complete accurate appraisal. Order value review on loans considered high risk.
- Review file to make sure compliance has been met; regulatory, state compliance and federal (Patriot Act).
- Verify that the rate lock matches the underwriting file with the correct program.
- Review conditions turned into underwriting queue within 48 hours.
- Maintain current and fluid knowledge of investor and agency guidelines.
- Approves loan with proper documentation or recommends further action.
- Communicates effectively and engages proactively with Loan Originators, Processors, Branch Managers, Funders and Post-Closers in regard to loan decisions, assignment of loan conditions, investor guidelines/documentation requirements and possible loan scenarios.
- Reviews and evaluates information on mortgage loan documentation to determine if borrower and/or property meets loan standards.
- Completes a thorough analysis of loan files to determine compliance with company, agency standards.
- Evaluates the entire package and collateral for residential mortgage loans and ultimately ensures an agency quality loan product.
- Utilizes automated underwriting systems to evaluate, score and render final credit underwriting decisions.
- Review and evaluate loan files for risk issues and potential misrepresentation.
- Manage and prioritize RUSH files, resubmissions, and newly submitted loans.
- Experience working with properties other than detached (i.e. condos, attached PUD’s, duplexes, etc.).
- Strong working knowledge of ATR/QM Requirements.
- Encompass LOS experience is a plus.
- Must have a high comfort level working in a paperless environment.
- Ability to work in a fast paced, fluid environment and be held to minimum production standards.
- High integrity and outstanding work ethic required.
- Strong ability to cross check material for completeness and accuracy.
- Must have proficient written and verbal communication skills.
- Knowledge of compliance and disclosure requirements.
- Knowledge of closing, post-closing and quality control responsibilities.
- Ability to interact well and assist others as needed. Customer Service skills are essential for this position.
- Availability to work extended hours as the business dictates.
Educational and Experience Criteria
- High school diploma (minimum).
- Proven experience in managing tasks and projects to ensure thoroughness and quality in completion of work.
- 3+ years of Senior level processing experience – residential mortgage loans.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office
- In office or work remotely based on specific needs being filled.
- Hourly/non-exempt position.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com