"Alone we dream. Together we THRIVE!"
“Alone we dream. Together we THRIVE!”
THRIVE Mortgage is actively seeking a Remote Closing Manager.
The Compliance Risk Manager will act as an extension of the Chief Compliance Officer with a focus on reviewing, administering, and maintaining mortgage lending policies and procedures to ensure compliance with all federal, state, and local laws. Assist to identify compliance related issues and develop process enhancements, training, and performance management. Successful collaboration with all departments to support successful operational processes and excellence. Remain current on all pertinent laws and regulations including pending regulatory and state law changes and propose policy and processes changes as applicable. Collaborate to developing creative solutions to business objectives to assist in driving business results that appropriately consider compliance.
Core Responsibilities: The responsibilities of the position include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Assists with researching state rules and regulations to ensure our systems are in line with fees and state specific documents and processes are updated for any unique operations requirements.
- Maintains awareness of laws and regulations and work collaboratively with others to provide notification to the appropriate parties when new or revised regulations will affect an area. Maintains centralized documentation of such regulations
- Assist with analyses of new and pending laws and regulations which will affect operations. Maintain a compliance calendar to assist with regulatory deadlines.
- Assists with coordination and oversite for requested Audits/Exams from State and Federal Regulators, Investors and Agencies.
- Manage the Consumer Complaint Process by coordinating the review of complaints and reports of alleged non-compliance. Prepare summary for review and approval of mitigation action by Management and Legal.
- Monitor the CFPB Consumer Compliant Portal and investigate all complaints filed, providing detail and proposed response for review by Management. Ensuring that timely response is filed. Analyze for trends and process improvements.
- Perform due diligence reviews for all Fair Lending escalations made by the Regulatory Reporting/Fair Lending Compliance Specialist or others in the company. Produce Management reports monthly of reviews and outcomes.
- Oversee the Vendor/TPO Management Program to ensure service level agreements are meet and that necessary changes due to regulatory or agencies requirements are incorporated.
- Develop, initiate, maintain, and revise policies and procedures for the general operations of the company for federal and state compliance requirements.
- Independently plan and manage projects as directed by the Chief Compliance Officer, including but not limited to fraud and suspicious activity research, targeted review or training projects and various complex research and analysis projects across the Company.
- Assist in developing and maintaining an effective compliance communication program and to develop an effective compliance training program, including introductory training for new employees as well as ongoing training for all.
- Assist the with roll out and oversight of new processes required by regulatory changes etc.
- Process and review all annual Branch Compliance Inspections. Maintain data base of results and corrective actions.
- Respond to all credit bureau /repository disputes or request for proof of business reason
- Participate in management meetings (as needed). This will include but not be limited to weekly meetings with management regarding updates and progress.
- Provide feedback to other department Team Leads to share pain points, success stories, etc.
- Stay current on all applicable product guidelines, processes, government regulations and industry compliance best practices to recommend and assist in process improvements and policy updates.
- Embrace company culture and act as a role model of the company’s values, with the most ethical and professional manner in all aspects.
- Demonstrate leadership qualities with the ability to provide vision and inspiration to peers and others.
- Provide accountability in a professional manner.
- Encompass experience preferred. Must have the ability to adapt well to the technology and tools that the company has to offer.
- Must have a high comfort level working in a paperless environment.
- Effective written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to identify and resolve problems in a timely manner.
- Natural collaborative approach to decision-making.
- Clear understanding of the rules, regulations, and different loan types.
- Clear understanding of the implications of customer service.
Education and/or Experience – The employee should meet the following criteria:
- A current working knowledge of federal regulations TRID, Reg. Z, ATR/QM, ECOA, Fair Lending, NMLS and HMDA requirements.
- 4+ years working experience in interpreting regulations, quality control requirements, disclosures requirements regulatory reporting requirements.
- Some management and/or leadership experience preferred.
- This position allows work from home.
- High Speed Internet required.
- Availability to work extended hours as the business dictates.
- Salary/Exempt position.
To apply for this job email your details to recruiting@ThriveMortgage.com